Did you know that only 10% of the population donates blood?
Join the Team at Advanced Dentistry South Florida in Giving the Gift of Life at our Holiday Blood Drive. The reason to donate is simple…it helps save lives. In fact, every two seconds of every day, someone needs blood. Since blood cannot be manufactured outside the body and has a limited shelf life, the supply must constantly be replenished by generous blood donors.
- Advanced Dentistry South Florida
- 15340 Jog Road, Delray Beach, Florida
- Thursday, December 9, 2021
- 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Appointments Available CLICK HERE
Why Blood is Needed
There are many reasons patients need blood. A common misunderstanding about blood usage is that accident victims are the patients who use the most blood. Actually, people needing the most blood include those:
- Being treated for cancer
- Undergoing orthopedic surgeries
- Undergoing cardiovascular surgeries
- Being treated for inherited blood disorders
In fact, according to a 2011 survey by the Department of Health and Human Services, here is the actual breakdown of how blood is used in the U.S.
All blood donors must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
Questions? Visit our page HERE.